3SG552 Family Business Strategies, new course of the Department of Strategy
Since the winter semester 2016/17 the Department of Strategy offers a new course for Master students, 3SG552 – Family Busines Strategies. The course is taught by the guarantor doc. Ing. Jiri Hnilica, Ph.D. and Mgr. Stanislav Servus, LL.M., holder of the prestigious certificate ACFBA, Advanced Certificate in Family Business Advising. The course has been prepared in close cooperation with the leading Czech family businesses. Lectures will be delivered entirely by the family businesses owners.
What does this course offer?
- The family firm as a key form of business organization in the economy.
- Explanation of specifics of the family firms.
- Diagnosis of the family firm.
- Setting management of family firm. Family constitution.
- Dealing with the problem of succession.
- The conflict in the family business – prevention and resolution.
- Family firm controlled by nonfamily member.
- Family Office – multigenerational management of assets.
The course is designed for emerging generation of family businesses owners among our students, and of course, for those students who may to meet with the family firm in their careers – such as consultants, suppliers, or employees. And last but not least, the course is for those who are interested in issues of family firms.